The goal of the Respect Life Committee is to restore respect for the rights of all humans, born and unborn; to stand on behalf of the most vulnerable and defenselless members of society, giving attention to the issues of justice and commitment to a consistent ethic of life; to model and encourage an attitude of respect for all human life. We raise awareness and offer information on respect life issues, and provide financial support to local centers that serve clients who are experiencing crisis pregnancies and are considering abortions.
We also coordinate Project 5000, conducted for St. Francis Seraph Ministries to provide direct relief for Cincinnati's poor. Families or individuals provide food items for shopping bags distributed on Palm Sunday; filled bags are collected on Holy Thursday.
Our main events:
* RESPECT LIFE SUNDAY MASS (first weekend in October)
* ANNIVERSARY OF ROE V. WADE (remembrance Masses held on wekend closest to Jan.22).
* BABY BOTTLE COLLECTIONS (benefits Pregnancy Center West)
* CEMETERY FOR THE INNOCENT (remembers all babies who have died due to abortion)
* PROJECT 5000 (Palm Sunday / Holy Thursday)
* BABY SHOWER - The annual Respect Life Baby Shower supports three local pregnancy centers: Pregnancy Center West, Old St. Mary's Pregnancy Center in Over the Rhine and the Reach Out Pregnancy Care Center in Harrison. Donations of new and gently used baby and toddler items, including diapers/wipes, formula, clothing to size 5T, bedding, etc can be dropped off at the parish office. These gifts help the pregnancy centers to serve the hundreds of clients that visit them for assistance.
St. Ignatius Respect Life Committee in Cincinnati